1. Timelines and Planning: Start planning several months in advance to make big difference in the success of your online open enrollment.
- A few months before your open enrollment, audit your system and carrier bills to verify that all records are up-to-date. Any pending items in the system should also be resolved.
- When possible, make final decisions about your plan renewal and rate contributions 4-6 weeks in advance of hosting your open enrollment. This allows the GBS Online Team time to gather the necessary documentation, build the system, test for accuracy, and make updates.
2. Communication Strategy and System Review: Use the online enrollment platform as a communication tool that will help answer employee questions.
3. Require All Employees to Complete Open Enrollment: Open enrollment is an annual opportunity for employees to update records and make any necessary changes in the system.